» Galleon
Sun Oct 19 2014, 01:29 by RichieO

» shame
Thu Oct 09 2014, 12:38 by Lucie

» Robe of Righteousness
Thu Oct 02 2014, 16:47 by Cheryl Brickner

» Kassandra Phae
Sun Sep 07 2014, 07:53 by Lucie

» Happy Birthday !..So ! Now Your Eighteen !!
Fri Jun 13 2014, 21:19 by Sue McDonald

» Baby Gabrielle
Thu Jun 05 2014, 07:09 by peewee

» A Four Year Old Princess !
Wed Jun 04 2014, 23:41 by Sue McDonald

» Indian Tribe
Fri May 23 2014, 02:13 by RichieO

» Always there for me
Sun May 11 2014, 08:34 by peewee

» Talking to God
Tue May 06 2014, 03:35 by peewee

» Look Out !
Sat Apr 26 2014, 06:55 by Sue McDonald

» For those who know....
Tue Apr 15 2014, 18:51 by mikeschultz

» Post-Chemo Blues
Tue Apr 15 2014, 18:47 by mikeschultz

» Waves
Mon Apr 14 2014, 21:39 by RichieO

» Is this the last act?
Mon Apr 14 2014, 09:03 by Lucie

» Walk of Memory !
Mon Apr 14 2014, 08:51 by Lucie

» weather beaten
Mon Apr 14 2014, 08:26 by Lucie

» In Memory of Delrae Keough
Fri Apr 04 2014, 14:05 by mikeschultz

» Stray Cats and Yard Dogs
Fri Apr 04 2014, 14:01 by mikeschultz

» From the Thief on the Cross
Sun Mar 30 2014, 07:42 by mikeschultz

» my life in a grain of sand
Tue Mar 18 2014, 13:22 by Lucie

» Kiss
Fri Mar 14 2014, 20:28 by RichieO

» Better Living Through Modern Chemistry
Fri Mar 14 2014, 12:16 by Lucie

» Sense of Ourselves
Wed Mar 05 2014, 18:14 by mikeschultz

All about me . . . well a little anyway!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All about me . . . well a little anyway!

Post  Sue McDonald on Tue Mar 22 2011, 21:30

All about me, is a strange heading for me to choose, because I prefer to be in the background and not have a fuss made. I like everyone else to have the attention and am known to throw surprises on my family and friends for birthdays, etc.

I was born in Wales, in a little village called Nelson, on the 12Th of April, 1957. I am very proud of my welsh heritage! I have lived in Cardiff and Rhoose, moved to London, and lived in Kingston and Surbiton. I left home at the age of seventeen. I am a very proud, though private person who tries to be loving and caring to all around me.

I met my husband Ken, in Richmond - then we moved to Dover, in Kent, where Ken's parents lived. A year later we married. We have three beautiful children.

I am very happily married to a wonderful man, who does absolutely everything in his power to keep me safe and happy. I love him very much, we've been married thirty-five years this June.

In 1981, we moved our young family to Australia, a young country with so
much opportunity that hopefully, our children and ourselves would grow and benefit, which I believe we have succeeded in.

Our three adult children are: Sarah-Louise, thirty four-years old, Nicholas-thirty-two, and Christopher, thirty-one.

My daughter was the first to give me a grandchild nearly fifteen years ago, named Lucas. Then after a long wait, she gave us our first granddaughter ten months ago, named Gabrielle. My youngest son married five years ago. They have two handsome boys: Riley, two and a half years old, and Noah, three months. My middle son has just become engaged, so a bit of a wait for grandchildren from them. I'll have to nag the other two! Okay, enough about my little family whom I love with all my heart.

I believe, hope I am, what you'd class a good person. I love life, though there are/have been some tough, sad times . . .but we all get those, I know.
I have tried to grow from what I have gone through and have seen and experienced through life. It has allowed me to see the 'other side' of some people, and somehow, find that I can tell whether they are genuine or not.

I was bullied at school and still remember those horrible feelings inside; which again, helped with relating to my children, friends, and workmates. They too have gone through these traumas even as adults. We all have vulnerable times in our life, and at some stage.

Whilst in England, I worked a while at Marks & Spencer, then when we moved to Australia, I worked as a second chef and cake decorator in The Cheese-Cake Shop.

I became a trained counsellor in child and adult abuse, working out of schools, women's prisons, colleges and universities. I have writings published in the book, Why My Child?, written by Professor Freda Briggs. I've had the privilege of working with Professor Briggs in group formations. My counselling work was a huge learning, listening, and growing period of nearly ten years - ten years I will never regret.

In the year 2001, I joined Woolworth's as a 'checkout chick', and progressed up the ladder through different stores to my present store. My title is 2IC, 2ND in charge Service Supervisor in customer service. It's a job I dearly love due to all the people contact.

My interests keep me quite busy. Besides having fun outings with my family, I enjoy live theatre, reading, talking, (I love talking!) and long stitch now and then.

My hobbies are lead lighting, scrap-booking, cake decorating, genealogy, photography and some crafts.

I am also involved in amateur dramatics with a theatre group called, Actad. I design, decorate and dress the sets and welcome the audience at Front of House. I enjoy this role so much and find it very rewarding.

Q. What encourages me to write ?

A. You! Everyone! Everything! Happiness! Sadness. Life! Death. Birth! Nature! The world is here to write about and enjoy, not fight and lie and hurt. There is far to much hurt in this world.

Q. What do I love ?

A. Life, when it's good to me, and also the bad, because you learn from the bad. I love the sea, the river, the country, everything to do with nature. I love human beings and what they bring to my life. I love my husband, children and grandchildren, my very, very close friends and friendly acquaintances! My life wouldn't be my life without them all.

And finally, my Poetry. My poetry is my salvation. It's me, it's my life, part of my life and sometimes all of my life. I feel a swelling deep down inside
when I write, for it gives me contentment and satisfaction, peace and pride. So when you read my poetry, just know that it comes from my heart where sometimes I hide . . ..

Sue McDonald

Last edited by BC Williams on Wed Mar 23 2011, 15:24; edited 6 times in total
Sue McDonald
Author
Author

Author Credits : 1170
Accolades : 16

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum